Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2003 5:34:43 AM EDT
All I can say is, the AR forum is a much better caliber of people. (Pun intended)

edited to add:
Please read clearly.  I'm not talking about the AR being better than the AK.  I own an AK so why would I say that.  I like them both.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 5:51:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
All I can say is, the AR forum is a much better caliber of people. (Pun intended)
View Quote

Yeah, but the AK Forum has a much more diverse caliber of people !
[:D]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't you ever say AK in here man...[nuts]

... unless you have a Q about the AK upper for an AR we will accept that i GUESS....
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 8:24:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

So then why are YOU here......[;D]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 8:30:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

If you LIKE personal attacks, why don't you just meet me face to face someday?  I don't need to hide behind a computer OR an AR.  God gave me what I need to take care of people like you.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 8:40:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

If you LIKE personal attacks, why don't you just meet me face to face someday?  I don't need to hide behind a computer OR an AR.  God gave me what I need to take care of people like you.
View Quote

Oh, don't get your panties in a wad mall ninja....if you can't take a little levity maybe you should slowly step away from the keyboard.

You should also consider using paypal to pay that check your ass can't cash....[:D]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#6]
And the point of this is?  We are all brothers of the evil 'Assault Weapons'; lets not try to start a pi$$ing match over who (or which) weapon is better.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#7]
FYI-
Recently, an individual at the AK forum was boasting about how his AK was the best weapon, better than the AR, etc. and a good handful of forum members dug into him about it. They pointed out that the AR was also a good weapon and that it fills a niche as do all other guns. The AK boaster got all pissed off because of the AR support  from the AK forum members! No, the answer here isn't that "The AR is simply a better weapon and those members are smart for praising it!" The issue here is that there are different weapons on the market to fulfill different roles and any serious gun enthusiast should understand that. On the contrary, it seems that many, many posts that I look at here on AR15.com has some kind of AK bashing going on. The minute someone bashes an AR on the AK forum, the poster gets flmaed up quickly. Higher caliber of people? How do ya figure? Me, I'm here for the information, not for endless debates or trash talking. Let's not go to flame war with eachother; that's what the anti-gunners want!
"United we stand, divided we fall..."
B9
Owner of both AR [b]and[/b] AK!
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#8]
borucua9mm.  Well put! [beer].  Are you a politician?
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
borucua9mm.  Well put! [beer].  Are you a politician?
View Quote

No sir! Just a college Sr. with some brain cells left and a closet full of guns!  [):)]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#10]
"A couple of brain cells left and a closet full of guns",  hey boricua9mm sounds like a force to be reckoned with!

I'm an AR nut and have a 'thing' for the AK74's as well, then there is the Garand, and......  Last thing in the world I want is to have the gun grabbers try to take them away.  Stick together gun owners.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#11]
My Crosman BB gun is better than both the AR and AK damn it! It has 900 fps! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:03:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Unfortunately, this has to be one of the dumbest threads I have read in awhile.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:14:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Thank you boracua9mm,
You hit the nail on the head or (hit the bullseye). I am reletively new to this site and at first was very amused by some of the responses.  I would come here and read this stuff for facts and info that others could offer.  So, I made the mistake of offering some advice or info to someone else and got lambasted.  It was no longer amusing. If this is what this site has turned into. It does not serve the purpose I came here for.  ( I know those people will say " good riddance".) There is My two cents. But I hope the owners of this site do something.  LIVE TOGETHER OR STAND ALONE....
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thank you boracua9mm,
You hit the nail on the head or (hit the bullseye). I am reletively new to this site and at first was very amused by some of the responses.  I would come here and read this stuff for facts and info that others could offer.  So, I made the mistake of offering some advice or info to someone else and got lambasted.  It was no longer amusing. If this is what this site has turned into. It does not serve the purpose I came here for.  ( I know those people will say " good riddance".) There is My two cents. But I hope the owners of this site do something.  LIVE TOGETHER OR STAND ALONE....
View Quote

Continue to offer advice as YOU see fit.  And don't let anyone drive you from this site.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#15]
WTF, anyone whos not a moron knows that both the AK and AR have their strengths and weaknesses.  It is more personal prefrence than any thing else.  As far as Im concerned both rifles are of equal quality.  As far as caliber goes ask all the dead iraqies if the 5.56mm is deadly enugh.

Here is a link about the avantages of the 5.56mm.

[url]http://www.chuckhawks.com/556mmNATO.htm[/url]

Here is the home page of the web site I got it from I think its a good web site.

[url]http://www.chuckhawks.com/index2.guns.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 5:33:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
WTF, anyone whos not a moron knows that both the AK and AR have their strengths and weaknesses.  It is more personal prefrence than any thing else.  As far as Im concerned both rifles are of equal quality.  As far as caliber goes ask all the dead iraqies if the 5.56mm is deadly enugh.

Here is a link about the avantages of the 5.56mm.

[url]http://www.chuckhawks.com/556mmNATO.htm[/url]

Here is the home page of the web site I got it from I think its a good web site.

[url]http://www.chuckhawks.com/index2.guns.htm[/url]
View Quote

Maybe you should read the first post in this thread.  It is NOT about the AR being better than the AK.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:11:36 AM EDT
[#17]
This whole thing has gotten rather tangential since I posted the first reply. What I intended to convey was the fact that there is nothing that makes me think that members of "x" forum are better than members of "y" forum. I was just pointing out how forum members behave in response to someone mentioning another firearm than that which the forum is dedicated. It seems that people get flamed on this forum for mentioning another weapon (such as the AK) much more often than I have seen on other forums, even the AK47 forum (not the section of this site). I was pointing out that the members of that "other" forum seem to have their asses in gear when it comes to being open minded about firearms/ownership/application. I was just pointing out that I have read a lot of sophmoric responses to people who suggest anything other than an AR type weapon. If the moderators intend for this forum to be strictly for AR-15 content, that's fine, but cursing out someone for violating those wishes is rather pre-pubescent IMO. Furthermore, I am not attacking the polite and proper members of this fine forum, just calling out those who find this site as a place to vent all their frustrations from the world that upsets them. Hope that clears things up.
B9
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#18]
THIS IS AN AR DISCUSSION AREA AK'S NEED BE DISCUSSED ELSEWERE ....LIKE IN THE AK DISCUSSIONS PERHAPS.... DON'T YOU ALL AGREE ......ENOGH SAID.....

AK47<[SEX]>AR15  IN OTHER WORDS POUNDING  IT'S A$$    

HEY AR15'S ARE A MORE TECHNICAL WEPON THAT AK GUYS CANT GRASP OR AFFORD ....FLAMEON....
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
THIS IS AN AR DISCUSSION AREA AK'S NEED BE DISCUSSED ELSEWERE ....LIKE IN THE AK DISCUSSIONS PERHAPS.... DON'T YOU ALL AGREE ......ENOGH SAID.....

AK47<[SEX]>AR15  IN OTHER WORDS POUNDING  IT'S A$$    

HEY AR15'S ARE A MORE TECHNICAL WEPON THAT AK GUYS CANT GRASP OF AFFORD ....FLAMEON....
View Quote

Now HERE is a troll if I've ever seen one.  The only reason to post something like this is to inflame a discussion.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#20]
All this talk about what fourm has better people is just plain point less. That is all I was trying to point out. I have read some of the posts on the ak fourms and as far as I can tell they are no worse then the people here.
I realize people have a right to say what they want but I really wish that every one on this board would make an effort not to start threads that even an idiot would know are just going to degrade into another flame war.

I  will admit I read posts a little too fast sometimes.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#21]
[:K]
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#22]
[sleep]

This thread is STILL going?? Frank must be on vacation.....

[peep]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top