Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2005 1:21:44 PM EDT
Ok well narrowed my decision down and now that I have decided on the Aimpoint a few questions.(yes I have read and re read every post I can find on here )

Tha being said my main concern is that with me planning on using the 3X mult. maybe 30-40 % of the time . Will the ML3 with a 4MOA be to big for the 3x,  Or will the ML3 with 2MOA be too small and washed out in a 15-50yard engaugement. with out the 3X?

I have heard some input so far as a the ML3 with 2MOA if needed to look a tad bigger with out the 3x mult. you can up the setting and it would appear almost 4MOS ish .

any input form you guys runngin the Aimpoints would be great,

And is the 3M worth the extra mone or only worth it if your are running NV.??

and my best options for 100 yard decent groups in the mean time before I purchase the 3X. ( IE: sight in at 25 and adjust for 100yards) any tips you can spare would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#1]
My recommendations are as follows. Your mileage may vary.

The Magnifier with the 4 MOA has a big ass reticle. I havent used it with the 2 MOA, but that would be my choice for a magnified Aimpoint setup. You can always crank the scope so it blooms and seems bigger. The reticle won't get smaller, however.

The ONLY reason to buy the M3 over the ML3 is for nightvision. If you might aquire nightvision, thats the one to have. If its out of the picture, might as well get the ML3.

As for zeroing.....the 100 yard zero sucks. Past 100 yards it drops like a rock. If you zero at 50m you will be on at 200 and vice versa. Note that 50/200 is in metric. This makes for something like 8" low at 300 and 20" low at 400, off the top of my head.

For best accuracy, turn the reticle WAY down. This makes it seem a touch smaller and much more regular. Don't bother trying to shoot at whats under the reticle, shoot at whats around it. A dot on the target slightly bigger than the size your reticle appears at that distance is perfect. Center the dot and squeeze the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#4]
doesnt the m3/2 have better specs than the ml3/2 as well as the nv settings? like deeper water resistance and stuff like that?

with 3x then 2moa is what i would probably go with but since i dont ever plan on using the 3x the 4moa works perfect for me
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Mostly it has five times the battery life, IIRC.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the fast responses as I need to make my mind ASAP.

I will post the updates when I have everythign put on.

Also where is a good spot to pick up the armored cover that comes with the 3M

I would like to throw this on which ever model i get in the L family.

Thank you once again.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top