Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2003 3:30:04 AM EDT
I am going to attempt my first build and want to do everything the right way the first time. Then if I fuck something up I have only "me" to blame.

I think I have a good grasp of the tools I will need.

I am also under the impression that I must build a work bench with a good adjustable vice on it.

I saw this video advertised and wondered how helpfull it will be.

Any input from you guys on the video or any other trick of the trade would be mush appreciated.

Thanks, DD out!!  
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:14:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never seen the video, but all you need is the Marine Corp. training manual, and these [url]ar15.com/content/docs/assembly/lower/[/url] directions.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I used the instructions provided in the link posted by notack and did the build sitting at the kitchen table.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#3]
What took ya so long?  [;)]
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I got the video and it was a big help. Especially in mounting the barrel to the upper receiver. The big guy in the video is a little slow sometimes but overall it was worth the price of the video.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I also got the tape. I thought it was very informative, For a first time builder who has never seen a AR's internals. After watching the tape I made my mind up to build a AR instead of buying a complete rifle
If you are on the fence about building a AR. Watch the tape. It will make your choice a easy one.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought the tape after building about five rifles and carbines.  I was looking for any fresh or new ideas on the assembley process.  If you have never put one together I highly advise the purchase of the tape it is well worth the money.  The first AR I built back in the 80's I used the Duncan Long book.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top