Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/15/2004 8:26:07 AM EST
I was looking at getting my 16HB CL bushmaster redone to have the M4 cutout and a thin section under the handguards as well as have the barrel shortened and have a A2 FS put on.

Those that have had it done have you noticed a loos in accuracy from having the barrel machined after it was all finshed. Is their any problems I have to worry about?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:00:20 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2004 9:00:30 AM EST by Engineer]

Originally Posted By Gregory_K:
I was looking at getting my 16HB CL bushmaster redone to have the M4 cutout and a thin section under the handguards as well as have the barrel shortened and have a A2 FS put on.

Those that have had it done have you noticed a loos in accuracy from having the barrel machined after it was all finshed. Is their any problems I have to worry about?

As much as I support Adco, with all the services that you want (M4 cutout: $20, Contouring: $56, shorten & attach A2 flash hider: $60.00), you're probably better off buying a new barrel from Bushmaster for around $200 and then selling your old barrel on the EE.

As for the second question, I don't think you have anything to worry about if the work is done by a competent person.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:02:09 AM EST
Gregory_K,

Barrels are turned after the rifleing is done anyway. When a gunsmith gets a custom barrel it is generally a blank that he has to turn to the customers desired profile. I haven't had any issues with barrels that have been reprofiled. Just make sure that the smith doing it turns it true in relationship to the bore. I have seen some sloppy smiths turn some eccentric barrels.

IDHunt
Top Top