Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2004 9:26:07 AM EDT
I was looking at getting my 16HB CL bushmaster redone to have the M4 cutout and a thin section under the handguards as well as have the barrel shortened and have a A2 FS put on.

Those that have had it done have you noticed a loos in accuracy from having the barrel machined after it was all finshed. Is their any problems I have to worry about?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was looking at getting my 16HB CL bushmaster redone to have the M4 cutout and a thin section under the handguards as well as have the barrel shortened and have a A2 FS put on.

Those that have had it done have you noticed a loos in accuracy from having the barrel machined after it was all finshed. Is their any problems I have to worry about?

As much as I support Adco, with all the services that you want (M4 cutout: $20, Contouring: $56, shorten & attach A2 flash hider: $60.00), you're probably better off buying a new barrel from Bushmaster for around $200 and then selling your old barrel on the EE.

As for the second question, I don't think you have anything to worry about if the work is done by a competent person.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Gregory_K,

Barrels are turned after the rifleing is done anyway.  When a gunsmith gets a custom barrel it is generally a blank that he has to turn to the customers desired profile.  I haven't had any issues with barrels that have been reprofiled.  Just make sure that the smith doing it turns it true in relationship to the bore.  I have seen some sloppy smiths turn some eccentric barrels.

IDHunt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top