Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/2/2011 5:24:13 AM EDT
I recently got rid of my eotech for an ACOG...

I really loved my eotech. It was perfect for my close distance application. But the offer was too good too pass up, so I traded my eotech with a buddy for a TA01NSN.

Now I know some people replace the rear sight with a red dot. But it seeks little high... I wanted to know how well that works for you.

I currently have a Burris fast fire so I might throw that on there fir now, but I plan on putting a rmr there. I'll have to get a doctor mount and modify it to access the side power button.

So all in short, how do you like the red dot setup on an ACOG?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I find no issue with it, but others do.

You do have to bring your cheek up off the stock to get a good view through the RMR, but at the same time, you also have a lot better view of your surroundings when you do this. My RMR is zeroed on a 25 meter zero target, as well as my ACOG. Both are good out to 300 meters according to logic, although, I don't recommend trying to engage anything past 25 meters with the RMR, nor have I every tried.

Some put them on a 45 degree offset mount right in front of the ACOG as well......but the RMR on top works fine for me.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#2]
It works, but now I want to try the offset.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Got 1 more pic of your rifle you could post.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Got 1 more pic of your rifle you could post.

HA!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't say how the red dot works out on top, but I can tell you that Trijicon puts RED Loctite on those little #6 machine screws holding the BUIS on.  Be sure you apply heat to the heads with a high wattage, or butane, soldering iron before trying to remove them.

CDNN has a pretty decent deal on Doctor MRD's btw.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I read that. I don't know why they did that...

I'm gonna have to heat it up with a solder before I try to get it off.

I have some allen keys and none of them seemed to work, what size are those bolts?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah I read that. I don't know why they did that...

I'm gonna have to heat it up with a solder before I try to get it off.

I have some allen keys and none of them seemed to work, what size are those bolts?

7/64"
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top