Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2011 4:24:13 AM EST
I recently got rid of my eotech for an ACOG...

I really loved my eotech. It was perfect for my close distance application. But the offer was too good too pass up, so I traded my eotech with a buddy for a TA01NSN.

Now I know some people replace the rear sight with a red dot. But it seeks little high... I wanted to know how well that works for you.

I currently have a Burris fast fire so I might throw that on there fir now, but I plan on putting a rmr there. I'll have to get a doctor mount and modify it to access the side power button.

So all in short, how do you like the red dot setup on an ACOG?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:45:18 AM EST
I find no issue with it, but others do.

You do have to bring your cheek up off the stock to get a good view through the RMR, but at the same time, you also have a lot better view of your surroundings when you do this. My RMR is zeroed on a 25 meter zero target, as well as my ACOG. Both are good out to 300 meters according to logic, although, I don't recommend trying to engage anything past 25 meters with the RMR, nor have I every tried.

Some put them on a 45 degree offset mount right in front of the ACOG as well......but the RMR on top works fine for me.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:24:25 PM EST
It works, but now I want to try the offset.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:35:19 PM EST

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:53:09 PM EST
Got 1 more pic of your rifle you could post.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:59:19 PM EST
Originally Posted By bobweaver:
Got 1 more pic of your rifle you could post.

HA!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:58:41 PM EST
I can't say how the red dot works out on top, but I can tell you that Trijicon puts RED Loctite on those little #6 machine screws holding the BUIS on. Be sure you apply heat to the heads with a high wattage, or butane, soldering iron before trying to remove them.

CDNN has a pretty decent deal on Doctor MRD's btw.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:11:13 PM EST
Yeah I read that. I don't know why they did that...

I'm gonna have to heat it up with a solder before I try to get it off.

I have some allen keys and none of them seemed to work, what size are those bolts?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 9:42:01 AM EST
Originally Posted By taseal:
Yeah I read that. I don't know why they did that...

I'm gonna have to heat it up with a solder before I try to get it off.

I have some allen keys and none of them seemed to work, what size are those bolts?

7/64"
Top Top