Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/25/2006 8:59:58 AM EDT
I've narrowed down to what I want for an optic on my AR. Either going with an ACOG 4x for the 16 in barrel or aimpoint CompC3 with the 3x Magnifyer. Gonna be blowing holes in targets and taking out coyotes mostly. Pros and cons of each..Give me some advice on either or.

FORD
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:13:32 AM EDT
I've had the Aimpoint set-up (M3 2 MOA dot w/magnifier) for a while now and I'm just not happy with it. The main reason is that for me, it's just too complicated. When I say that I am referring to the fact that I ended up not liking having to deal with essentially 2 optics and 4 panes of glass. Also, the image quality of this set-up is a little blue (which makes it a little darker) and the FOV isn't all that great either. I was looking into the Samson quick-flip mount for the magnifier but decided against it. Even though that mounts makes the set-up much more versatile, it's still too many part for my liking.

To replace this set-up, I bought a Trijcon Accupoint TR-21R (1.5x4x24). I just received it earlier this week so I haven't had a chance to mount it but I do hope to shoot it this weekend. So far, just looking through it, I like it just as I expected it. At 1.25X, the magnification is barely noticeable at reasonable distances (15 yds or greater) and at 4X, it feels similar to my ACOG. The triangular reticule and the shutter for the fiber optics (helps to dim the reticule) allow for a very more precise aiming point.

I love my ACOG but I would prefer a different reticule (I have the TA31 donut and would like either the chevron or triangle), the eye relief is too short for my tastes and the fixed magnification too inflexible for me. That being said, I'm still keeping my ACOG at least for the time being.
Top Top