Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2002 11:32:13 AM EDT
Is there an ARMs mount especially for putting an ACOG on a SIR?.  I'm concerned that a standard mount would move the optic too high on a SIR.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The ACOG will be lower on the SIR than if it is mounted in the original intended ht. of a carry handle. It works perfectly when it is a little lower on the SIR than in the carry handle.
Good Shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a TA31 ACOG on a SIR using a TA51 mount. Yes it is a little higher than when it was mounted to the flat top. I myself dont even notice the difference, but then again, I know myself and I know I adapt easily to slight changes like that. If you are someone who is more sensitive to small changes, maybe you would notice. All I can say is I dont.

I have heard however that ARMS is supposed to be releasing a new mount that will sit lower on the SIR. I have no confirmation of this, but am interested to know more about it if it is true.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top