Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 12:40:11 PM EDT
I just put a new ACOG nsn on my Bushmaster 16" A3 with the detachable carry handle.  I took it to the range today and it was shooting extremely high, as in more than three or four feet.  Now I dont want to turn the adjustment knob down till it snaps so what is the problem here?  Is there a shim that I need or is there a chance I got a bum ACOG.  It came from Brownells so I find it hard to believe its the scope, I'm leaning towards the operator...any ideas?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:17:13 PM EDT
[#1]

At what range were you shooting?

DId you attmept to adjust it all?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
100 yards.  I moved the turrets but the manual says three clicks per one inch, and I was concerned about moving them 36 clicks (just for one foot) and possibly going to the extremes which it specifically says not to do...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]
You can adjust it quite a bit. When it gets tougher to turn knobs, you're near the end.... Stop.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:38:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I removed the carry handle and it sits on top of the reciever on the flat top portion.  The model is the TA01nsn.  I'll take it off and try it again, though its made for the Colt, there shouldnt be any problem with it on a Bushmaster should there?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top