Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/15/2005 9:19:15 AM EST

Are there any options worth looking at other than the ARMS #19 and the LArue?

I'm putting a TA11 on an AR10A4...currently am using the TA51 but thinking of geting a throwlever.

Which AR15.com dealers have them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:23:25 AM EST

Originally Posted By bjwar10:
Are there any options worth looking at other than the ARMS #19 and the LArue?

I'm putting a TA11 on an AR10A4...currently am using the TA51 but thinking of geting a throwlever.

Which AR15.com dealers have them?

Thanks

I running a TA11E on my AR10 carbine in a LaRue mount. Wes @ MSTN carries them
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:29:54 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:48:06 PM EST

Nope. The #19S and the LT ACOG mount are the two best.

C4

You prefer the single throw lever on the #19 over the double? ANy reason?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:54:01 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:20:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By bjwar10:

You prefer the single throw lever on the #19 over the double? ANy reason?

Thanks

If you have to ditch the optic (or practice that), the single throw lever is much faster than the double without being any less secure in my opinion.

At this point, I am not sure how big an issue that is though. The few things I've heard from Iraq suggest that if something renders your ACOG non-functional, then your rifle is probably long gone by that point. Add to that, that I can't imagine any situation where you had enough time to undo one throw lever but not enough time to undo two and it pretty much makes it a non-issue except for timed competition.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 11:46:20 AM EST

I've never used throw lever mounts before...how great is the tendency of web gear and such to hang up on the levers and even possibly open them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 11:48:42 AM EST
Hasn't ever been an issue for me with the ARMS #19S mount - as you can see from the photo above, there isn't a whole lot of room for anything to even work between the lever and the mount in the first place.

I haven't heard of it being an issue with the Larue either; but I have only been able to play with Larue mounts and don't have any long-term experience with them.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 12:32:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:
Hasn't ever been an issue for me with the ARMS #19S mount - as you can see from the photo above, there isn't a whole lot of room for anything to even work between the lever and the mount in the first place.

I haven't heard of it being an issue with the Larue either; but I have only been able to play with Larue mounts and don't have any long-term experience with them.

The LaRue throw levers are just as "snag" proof on web gear. I still use some ARMS such as their Surefire mount and Harris bipod mount. But when LaRue releases their Surefire mount which in 1/2" lower offset from the 3'clock , I plan on switching to it just because of the offset. It easier for me to use than one at 3'clock like theARMS and I hate tape switches.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:54:02 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/16/2005 5:54:50 PM EST by Kisara]
Many members here have switched from ARMS to LaRue, including myself. I'm sure a lot are simply jumping on the "What's New" bandwagon. Others who shoot regularly (i.e. ZakSmith, USMC03, many more on the respected members list) have seen first hand that the ARMS will eventually loosen up and not hold its zero.

Just last weekend, Duffy (who still runs 19S on his Acogs), for the first time actually witnessed this phenonemon when another shooter's ARMS 19S loosened up on the flat top rail at the SoCal ARFcom shoot. Sometimes seeing for yourself is believing...
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=228848
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:06:20 PM EST
Top Top