Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/25/2005 6:23:40 AM EDT
I got to the locked thread too late to make a few points that need to be bought up:

1)Prices for Trijicon products will come down when there are no more sweetheart  military orders to fill and when the endless supply of Chairborne Rangers decide that their products aren't worth paying for. If you don't like it, vote with your wallet and STFU. Anything more is whiney bitch-ass behavior from people who feel jilted in life because they feel *entitled* to an ACOG.

You know, I just don't see this thread happening on ARFCOM if the subjet were Ferrari's. As for the chest thumping and midget troll wrestling in the other thread: I thought that shit only happened between 13 year olds on Radio Control Car websites? I mean WTF?

2)Someone mentioned that you can get a Tritium filled keyfobs etc. from overseas for $3. This is true, and it's also true that it's illegal. Tritium is a radioactive material and, yes, believe it or not, is used in nuclear weapons. Part of the reason Trijicon is the only game in town is that they went through the expense to be certified to handle and store lethal quantities of this radioactive gas. How much do you think that costs?

3)Trijicon is a small company. They literally do not have the floor space to be moving around pallets of ACOGs with forklifts, and as with any precision product there is handwork involved. I live only a few miles from their factory, and can tell you it's probably not what you'd expect-even with their recent adddition to the rear of the plant.

4)Trijicon is going to be busy with military orders for a loooooong time. Obviously they sell a lot to military units and it's enough to take half of their production time. What do you guys think is going to happen when the other branches start wanting their own TA31 RCO? About the time those orders are filled, the first units in the field will be dumped on NG units and a new batch will be ordered up becase the Army, Marines etc. know that if they don't spend their budget they won't get as much next year.

I don't see ACOGs getting cheaper ever. I don't own one yet(this month maybe), but my experience with the two Reflexes I have tell me that I'll be getting my money's worth.

Dave
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top