Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2010 9:36:14 PM EDT
So i am looking around for an acog TA01 and some show them coming with pelican hard cases, while other places show no case and do not mention it in the description. Just wondering if all ACOGs come in these nice pelican cases or it only specific ones? Stupid question i know, but i cant seem to find the answer even on trijicons site.

Thanks
Pat
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:20:46 PM EDT
[#1]
All mine have come in the little Pelican cases.  NICE cases!!  

I know some high-end products for RETAIL sale come in really nice boxes and packaging, but if they're destined for contract/high volume/wholesale sale (like 100,000 ACOGS to the Mil.), they come in less-expensive packaging.  Not saying Trijicon does this, just an example.  I guess if one of the big suppliers buys in bulk or contract overruns, it's possible stuff could come in the cheaper, non-retail packaging.  I've bought Surefire products that have come in boxes, display cards and a plastic bag.

I guess the safest thing to do would be to call and ask the seller if it comes in the little Pelican case.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:58:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a used (2005 production) ACOG on the EE. It came with everything from the factor, but it was in a plastic case similar to that most handguns come in; no pelican for me. I was a bit disappointed, but at the end of the day the ACOG sits on my rifle. Plus, I got it (TA31) for $650, so I can't really complain.

I would expect the newer models to all come with Pelican cases.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#3]
if you search around on 4scopes.com u can get an idea of which Acog comes with what type of case..most of them are the pelican case but a few is like a pouch type case
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a TA31RCOM4 and it came in a desert MARPAT cardboard box.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#5]
My TA31F came in a Pelican case, along with a lens pen and a Scope Coat.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Ditto,
But I just molded something for it out of kydex to protect the fiber optic.

Lens pen is good to have though...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#7]
My first ACOG a TA31 came in a Pelican case, my 2nd a used TA01NSN came with a Pelican case, and my last a TA31RCO-A4CP came in a Desert MARPAT cardboard box, and a Coyote tan pouch.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#8]
My TA31RCO came with a tan nylon MOLLE pouch. No Pelican.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Some come in a cheap black box, some come in a pelican, some come in the Eagle tan pouch......depends on year and model.  Lol, and no I can't tell you which (Some is based on age though)
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My TA31F came in a Pelican case, along with a lens pen and a Scope Coat.

Same here.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top