Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/7/2004 9:45:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 1:36:37 PM EST by magnum_99]
I want to use my TA-11C on a flattop CAR with M193 ammo.

I've run the ballistics charts and I MIGHT be able to get away with the .308 BDC out to about 300 yards for combat shooting, but I'd prefer a properly calibrated reticle. (and maybe a switch the the red chevron instead of the donut).

The charts seem to say that I'd be a few inches high with .223 out to about 600, but never more than about 4". For COM shots, that shouldn't result in a miss. Especially when I don't consider .223 to be effective AT ALL past 400 yards. (more like 250).

Anyone tried this and had success? I checked the pinned thread and it didn't seem to clearly answer this question--just that the two are a "bad fit."

Anyone ever have the reticle in their ACOG changed by Trijicon?

What was the cost and turn around time?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:16:27 PM EST
I would like to know whether it's possible to change the reticle color from red to green.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:30:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By kfeltenberger:
I would like to know whether it's possible to change the reticle color from red to green.

Well, for the red color, they use a red fibre optic tube and for amber, the tube is amber. I would suppose that if Trijicon made a green fibre tube, then the reticle would be green.

But I wouldn't want a green reticle when used against a green background like trees, grass and the like.

You want that reticle to STAND OUT.
Top Top