Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2007 2:12:33 PM EDT
Searched but couldn't find this and ACOG instructions are a little criptic. What is the proper zeroing procedure/distance for carry handle mounted 4x ACOG. I'm thinking that the 50yd battle zero puts POI at +2" to POA at 100yds. Carry Handle ACOG is about 2" above bore so POI=POA at 100yds would be akin to 50 Yd battle zero? BDC would probably be off beyond 300yds but out to 250 yds wouldn't this be good enough?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#1]
What model/reticle are you using? It is pertinent to the setting of the BDC. Depending on your model I can probably help you out.
What range/distance do you have available to zero?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Max range I have available is 100yds. Using the std TA01 reticle. Probably shooting 55grn WWB most of the time.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:39:08 PM EDT
[#3]
To properly calibrate the BDC you need to zero your rifle at 100 meters (yards will rougly suffice, but if you can get true 100 meters you will be better off). You can reduce some of your headache by expediantly zeroing at 36 yards using the third line down from center. With the carrying handle mount at 36 yards your group should be about 1 inch below POA.

You can also expediantly zero at 50 yards using the 200 meter (second line down) aim point. At 50 you should be about 1/2 inch POI below POA.

You don't really need to pull your hair out at close range, just get it reasonably close.

Then drop back to 100 yards/meters and establish your zero with the top crosshair. I really recommend that you use 10 shot strings to establish your zero at 100.

Don't forget: 3 clicks per inch at 100 (9 per inch at 36) and check the tightness of the screw after each string of fire.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top