Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 9:36:24 AM EST
I wanted to get an ACOG TA01 but they are hard to find so I was thinking of getting the Leupold Mark 4 MR/T 3-9x36 M3 with an illuminated mil-dot reticle. What's you alls opinion?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:41:01 PM EST
I would go with a IOR 2.5-10x42. I know I know your thinking..... IOR what is this communist trying to pull. I searched for 6 months for a good battle scope, and this baby takes the cake.

The IOR wins becuase it has 1/2 min clicks which is right in the sweet spot between 1/4 and 1 min and in less than a turn you are out to 600m. The price is aprox $700.00 which is cheeper than both, and is build like a tank. I just got mine and took it to the range and have been nothning but impressed with it.

I would say more about its greatness but my girlfriend is pulling me out the door. If you want more info send me a IM.

Matt Carper
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:00:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/27/2004 8:01:20 PM EST by USA_OPTICS]
IOR is by far the best way to go, as far as its quality its leaves leupold in the dust. If you like the variable power the 2.5-10x42 is the way to go, however their NEW piece the IOR 3x25 QR-TS (Quick Response Tactical Sight) which is their answer to the ACOG. An illuminated CQB reticle and precise CLEAR optics make this piece a PREMIER TACTICAL SIGHT!

IOR 2.5-10x42 Illuminated, FREE MP8 POCKET CHART
http://valdada.com/vn/ior/03/2510x42i.jpghttp://store1.yimg.com/I/usaoptics-store_1813_16055380

3x25 QR-TS
http://store1.yimg.com/I/usaoptics-store_1813_26819442

We, USAOPTICS, are the Master Distributor for the East coast and have both pieces. You can view them on our website WWW.USAOPTICS.NET The 2.5-10x42 will go for $700 illuminated and a little less for the non illuminated mondel with a free MP8 Pocket chart. The 3x24 will go for $570 with free shipping. Either way its BETTER optics for LESS money.
You can call toll-free if you have any questions we are new to AR15.com so its best to call or email at USAOPTICS@AOL.COM...

[b]Richard Augat, USAOPTICS
WWW.USAOPTICS.NET
TOLL-FREE: 1-877-808-8886
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:43:25 AM EST
US Optics... Have you considered being a sponsor or industry partner on the board. If your going to be advertising IOR products like this you may want to consider it. -Justin
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:07:58 AM EST

Originally Posted By Matth3wdean:
The IOR wins becuase it has 1/2 min clicks which is right in the sweet spot between 1/4 and 1 min and in less than a turn you are out to 600m.

Huh? The IOR wins because it has 1/2 min clicks? So does the MR/T M3 so where's the advantage?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:05:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By M4arc:

The IOR wins becuase it has 1/2 min clicks which is right in the sweet spot between 1/4 and 1 min and in less than a turn you are out to 600m.

Huh? The IOR wins because it has 1/2 min clicks? So does the MR/T M3 so where's the advantage?

It is to my understanding that the M3 knobs are 1 min clicks for elevation and 1/2 min for windage, the IOR is 1/2 min for both elevation and windage...could some one back me up on this?

I think that 1 minute for elevation is personaly to coarse, but to each there own.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:31:08 AM EST

Originally Posted By M4arc:

It is to my understanding that the M3 knobs are 1 min clicks for elevation and 1/2 min for windage, the IOR is 1/2 min for both elevation and windage...could some one back me up on this?

I think that 1 minute for elevation is personaly to coarse, but to each there own.

I just looked it up in the 2004 Leupold catalog and you are correct sir, my bad I'll shut up now
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:10:44 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:14:29 PM EST
Leupold's website says that the MR/T is calibrated for 55gr.
Right now I am leaning toward the Leupold. Does anyone know which ARMS quik release rings I would use for this scope?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:34:22 AM EST
Hey Mike does the IOR glass have a greenish tint to it?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:37:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By RR:
Right now I am leaning toward the Leupold. Does anyone know which ARMS quik release rings I would use for this scope?

ARMS#22. You can get them in different heights, depending on your configuration and application.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:52:09 AM EST

Originally Posted By Face_N_The_Crowd:
Hey Mike does the IOR glass have a greenish tint to it?

No it does not...I hear people talk trash about IOR glass being "like pond water" but on mine it is crystel clear...I think better than a leupold. I think people are just in a RED SCARE over IOR.

Originally Posted By RR:

I would not go with a scope that is cammed for a spesific bullet gr. and velocity...this can limit you on what ammo you shoot. IMHO.

As for rings why go with QD for a Scope...I mean lots of people do...but why not just mount it rock solid with some badger, GG&G or IOR rings.

Matt Carper

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:54:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By RR:

LaRue?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:04:55 AM EST
The Leupold in the LaRue SPR mount would be the ticket.

Leave the Romanian optics on your Romanian SAR-! AK.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:04:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By innocent_bystander:
The Leupold in the LaRue SPR mount would be the ticket.

Leave the Romanian optics on your Romanian SAR-! AK.

Now thats to far...

Hey if you want a modified hunting scope go with the leupold...if you want a tactical scope that is build like a tactical scope go with a IOR.

Matt Carper
Top Top