Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2005 4:51:48 PM EDT
I've been seriously looking at the TA-31A4RCO but I have some questions that I couldn't find the answers to in the other ACOG threads.

Is there an on/off switch for the illumination?

I haven't seen brightness controls, but are there any?

With the standard Trijicon mounts, will the FSB block the lower part of the reticule where the numbers are?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:46:09 AM EDT
[#2]
what mike said
reason they cost what they do is because they run off of fiber optics which gathers the light to illuminate the reticle and tritium to illuminate it in low light conditions.

no settings it will illuminate accordingly to available surrounding light.

the front sight is a blur but if you are aiming at your target and looking at it you wont notice the fsb.

mike is a great guy to deal with and would recommend him if you decide on one.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 5:45:44 AM EDT
[#3]
What do the horizontal stadia in the recitle coincide with? They are too wide to be for the standard 19" torso and too far from the retical to be for leading or windage.... What are they for?

Dave
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What do the horizontal stadia in the recitle coincide with? They are too wide to be for the standard 19" torso and too far from the retical to be for leading or windage.... What are they for?

Dave

Get the July issue of SWAT.   Pat Rogers has an excellent article on the TA31 RCO:

"There is also a Target Reference Indicator, a horizontal mil scale in five mil increments across the center of the optic.  From the vertical center post to the first mil bar is 10 mils.  The mil scale is inteneded to be used for communicating target positions and other relationships to team members"

This is the exact same info I got from the Trijicon rep.  I dont know who is answering the phones and putting out bad info like that but they need to educate their staff or tell them to quit making up answers to questions they do not know the answers to.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top