Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2003 8:29:54 PM EDT
Where should the point of impact be for an ACOG TA-31A.  The top tip of the triangle, in the body of the triangle or ???
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on which range your target is. Use the tip of the triangle for your 100 yard zero and then work from there finding out where it is shooting at all other ranges short of 100. Out past 100, the center of the triangle will be 200, bottom of the triangle will be 300. After that use the stadia lines for 40, 500, 600, 700 and I think 800 yards (if you should be so lucky!)
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 11:42:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, this was exactly what I was looking for.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Would it be the same for the reflex II with the 12.9 MOA triangle?  I don't have a manual for mine either.

BikerScout
Sunny AZ
[8D]
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Non magnified optics like the Reflex ACOGs are not really callibrated to be shot at any set distance. For a Reflex (or any other dot type optic... or your irons for that matter!), try zeroing with the tip of the triangle being your point of impact at 50 yards. If you do this, you will have a pretty flat zero where you will be anywhere from 2.5" high to 2.5" low anywhere you aim from arms reach to about 300+ yards. Some one help me out, whats the actual distance?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 8:00:48 AM EDT
[#5]
250 yards should be the point where the bullet drops below 2.5" from POA.  Hold over one dot width to hit at 300 yards.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top