Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2002 8:26:49 PM EDT
Gents,

I wanted opinions on "bang for the buck" between these two scopes.  I lean toward the IOR just because I can get it for about 319.00 vs 619.00 for the TA01.  I'm not looking for BAC, I already have an Aimpont ML2 for CQB.  I'm just looking for somthing I can put on a ARMS QR mount and slap on for long range work.

Also, if I go with the IOR, should I get the nato mil dot and not the druganov style?

Thanks,

The Yuckman...
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 3:02:34 AM EDT
[#1]
IOR blows the ACOG away as far as bang for the buck goes.  The reticle is a personal preferance I have known people who like the dragunov reticle and those who hate it.  Most hate it though.  I kind of like it.  Try to find a scope with the reticles in question before purchasing.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 8:13:43 AM EDT
[#2]
One nice thing about the IOR scope is the ability to adjust the rear to account for non 20-20 eyes.  Putting your glasses against the rubber mount will mess them up.

Don't forget you don't get any rings for that $318.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 8:21:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Even at 318 dollars, the ring is only another 100 at the most.  That brings the total to 418 plus shipping. It is still a good overall value.  my opinion is to save the cash and buy an ACOG, it is a much better optic at twice of the price, but you will get what you paid for.  

I got an arrangement to pick up a NIB IOR M2 for 300, I think this will kick start my 91 project I had on the back burner.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top