Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2005 9:04:15 AM EDT
I looked at a IOR 3x25 Tactical Scope at a local gun show,and must say I has me questioning buying a NSN that I have been wanting.I dont know much about optics,but must say the IOR tactical seems very nice,clear picture and fast targeting,and the the lighting system works very well.I have a place for spare batterys on my stock,so that isnt really a problem with me.Just want to hear from people that own them,Looks like they have been making optics from the 1930s,feels solid and water tight.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 2:23:06 PM EDT
You wont be dissapointed if you get one. They have a built in range finder. The combat knobs make adjusting easy (and easy to return to zero). I put a doctor on top and it is the bomb for action rifle shooting. Mine has handled plenty of abuse. Just had it refinished with duracoat. They hold up. Go for it. And cheaper than an ACOG.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:54:20 PM EDT
I got the ACOG TA01 because I didnt want my scope (the NSN) to have it's zero based on a 62gr SS109/M855 bullet.

The TA31F with the dual illumination isnt that great, i checked one out and wasnt that impressed with it nor did I care for the donut reticle.

Since the TA01 is so cheap and has a very fine crosshair, I went for that. You can shoot easily from 75yds out to 300 with it. Unless you are actually in the military I would say the NSN is a waste of money, the only real plus is it already comes with the flat-top mount.

That's just my opinion based on my research with the ACOG line.

- rem
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:12:51 PM EDT
I should have my IOR monday. I think it's every bit as good for cheaper from the one's O've handled. I've never used one though so that doesn't mean much.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:18:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By remedy:
I got the ACOG TA01 because I didnt want my scope (the NSN) to have it's zero based on a 62gr SS109/M855 bullet.

The TA31F with the dual illumination isnt that great, i checked one out and wasnt that impressed with it nor did I care for the donut reticle. the ta31f has the chevron reticle, the ta31 is the one with the donut

Since the TA01 is so cheap and has a very fine crosshair, I went for that. You can shoot easily from 75yds out to 300 with it. Unless you are actually in the military I would say the NSN is a waste of money, the only real plus is it already comes with the flat-top mount.

That's just my opinion based on my research with the ACOG line.

- rem

i have never used or looked through any ior scope so i would pick a ta31f
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:59:52 AM EDT
I haven't seen the IOR in person so I can't compare it to the ACOG, but I'll say this: The ACOG has excellent clarity and resolution and a huge field of view. The wide FOV is the reason for the short eye relief the TA01 and TA31 share, but it doesn't bother me in the least. The quality of the glass is such that it surpasses many of the so called precision rifle scopes out there.

I'm running the TA01NSN and I'm extremely satisfied with my choise. The BAC ACOGs are every bit as nice if you don't mind the bright reticle. The brightness issue can be fixed easily, so that's not a big issue either.

Like I said, I have no experience with the IOR, but in the light of numerical values it looks good to go if the glass is decent.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:07:08 PM EDT
I couldnt belive it when I picked one up at the gun show,would of never thought that it would of been something I wanted,you guys got to check one out in person.
Top Top