Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2003 6:09:34 AM EDT
I stumbled across a really good price on a new ACOG TA01NSN but I have to jump on the deal soon or it's sold elsewhere.

The black crosshair reticle doesn't bother me but I don't understand what the catalog means when it says, "yellow center illumination?"

I like the idea of usable iron sights on the TA01NSN but am a stickler for redundancy.  I'd like to put a flip-up rear on it also in case the ACOG case takes a dump and nothing is usable.  Which flip-ups work with the TA01NSN?

I've used an Elcan before and am amazed at how well it gathers ambient light in the "dark."  How is the light gathering capabilities of the TA01NSN?  How is eye relief?

Any and all coments are sincerely appreciated.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 6:13:47 AM EDT
[#1]
... During bright daylight, crosshairs show up dark as you would expect.

... Evening, dusk and dawn they illuminate as you would need. If it's a good deal: JUMP!
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 6:15:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I have not used this scope.  However, I still made some comments and hopefully they will be of use.

why don't you mention the price because sometimes when I think I've found a really great price I found out later that it can be had for even less.

pretty sure the reticle looks like this: http://www.trijicon.com/parts/1204.jpg

and I think the reticle becomes illuminated and really is yellow...from the manufacturers website, also looks like it includes backup iron sights.

Details: ACOG 4x32 Scope with Yellow Center Illumination for M4A1 - includes
Flat Top Adapter, Backup Iron Sights and Dust Cover.

The TA01NSN was designed specifically for the US Special Operations
Command SOPMOD M4 Carbine.  To meet their requirements, the reticle
bullet drop compensator and range finding stadia lines are based on
the trajectory of the 62 grain bullet from a 16 inch barrel,
flattop mount (Picatinny rail Mil.Std.1913).

Magnification:    4X
Eye Relief:       1.5 in
Exit Pupil:       8 mm
Field of View:    7.0 degrees
Length:           5.8 in
Weight:           9.9 oz
Field of View:    36.8 ft at 100 yds
Adjustment:       3 clicks per inch at 100 yds.

Tritium Activity: 100 milliCuries in one source
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 6:27:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Price is $400, NIB.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 6:58:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Price is $400, NIB.  
View Quote

... If authentic, buy it now
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 7:07:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I would agree with Winston, If it is real and at that price buy it, although if it is real at that price I would think that it may not exactly obtained through above the table means. I am planning to sell my NSN, but 375 less than the cost would be way too low.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top