Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/2/2002 2:58:45 PM EDT
Could I hear some opinions on the ACOG TA01.  Thinking about getting one for my OLD Colt Sporter.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#1]
They are very, very good. They better be for what they cost!! I recently added one to my collection of goodies, and it is a nice accompaniment to my Colt M4.

Link Posted: 11/2/2002 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like them. I must be simple minded because I can entertain myself for some time watching the reticle switch from black to red as I scan over targets of varying color. Compact, rugged and allows for iron sight use as well. They are, unfortunately, pricey.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#3]
They are great scopes for getting great accuracy from mid to long range. Super tough construction and very user friendly. However, they are not so great for fast paced close quarter shooting. The TAO1 series lacks the Bindon Aiming Concept feature, and without it, it is very difficult to use in CQB.

If you want a scope that is going to serve you VERY well at those mid to long range targets, but not much else, TAO1 is an easy choice. If you want something that will be good at both close quarters and longer ranges, think about a BAC equipped ACOG like the Compact ACOGs, or the TA31 and TA11.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 2:50:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Could I hear some opinions on the ACOG TA01.  

I have one. The retical is very cluttered. When shooting at small targets at 100 yards, I often find myself bracketing the target between the 100 and 200 yard stadia lines.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top