Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2004 5:42:51 AM EDT
I found a used ACOG T44-4 for $650.  It is in really good shape, but the tritium seems to have gone out.  Can Trijicon replace the Tritium?  For how much? and do you think this scope is worth $650?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:44:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes it's worth the price, Yes they can replace the tritium vial, call them to get the cost.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:12:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I just called Trijicon.  They told me it would cost $290 to replace the tritium!  

I'm thinking this isn't such a good deal anymore.

What do you think?  $650 + $290 = $940

I think I could get a brand new one for that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:46:20 AM EDT
[#3]
My Ta44-R4 I got with the tritium out for 450.00. The serial number was still in warranty and Trijicon replaced the tritium for free.  
My point is, did you check the number when you called or just ask how much to replace tritium?

Ask for JoLeene in cust. service. She's outstanding.

650.00 still seems high for one without a tritium lamp working. My .02
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:58:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, I just called Trijicon.  They told me it would cost $290 to replace the tritium!  

Wow that is much more than I expected (for the Reflex it was under $100 last time I checked).

Yes if it's not under warrenty then the $600 would be too much - if it is under warrenty (and the lamp will be replaced for free) then the $640 is a decent price.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top