Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2006 12:50:09 PM EDT
Just bought one here from another member.  When it showed up it had two cracks in the fiber optic.  

Is this normal?

Does it impair function?

Does Trijicon repair these under warranty?

The scope was described as "mint".  I'm waiting to hear back from the member, because this could have happened during shipping.   Meanwhile, please educate me.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, No and Yes.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Highly unlikely those cracks happened during shipping, especially if it was shipped in the factory box.

The cracks are normal,and do not affect the optic.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks to all who replied.  I didn't realize this is a known problem with our beloved ACOG.  Despite that, the seller was good to go and offered to refund my money, but I have decided to keep it.  Besides the cracks, the scope appears perfect and unused.  Thanks again.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:24:34 AM EDT
[#4]
think the cracks are caused more by the climate weather than anything
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#5]

The cracks don't bother anything unless they leak.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#6]
As an aside, Trijicon is using a different material for the fiber optic tube now.  I've owned two ACOG's since the change and have had no cracking whatsoever.  In fact, my most recent purchase doesn't even have any bubbles
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top