Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/1/2011 9:31:18 AM EDT
does it do a good job of both compensating and flash suppression or does it fail at doing either job.

Its sort of pricey (BC territory) so I'm thinking maybe I should just get a dedicated brake since I don't do much low light shooting.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:45:53 AM EDT
I may get beat up for this, but the only thing the BC has over the Brakeout is noise. The Brakeout is loud, but does a better job with muzzle rise from my observations. As far as judging its flash hiding ability theres pics and videos around the internet if you do a Google search.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:00:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:36:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stickman:
Originally Posted By beltfed74:
I may get beat up for this, but the only thing the BC has over the Brakeout is noise. The Brakeout is loud, but does a better job with muzzle rise from my observations. As far as judging its flash hiding ability theres pics and videos around the internet if you do a Google search.

Have you used both? I ask because there is a massive difference in side blast to me, and everyone else I know who has used them. That is a pretty big deal for a lot of people.

The Brakeout is just this side of deafening. Its not one of the ones Ive noticed that "pressure wave" coming back to the sides (For lack of a better way to describe it.)

If it matters, we shoot from an open range and I have maybe one full mag through the Brakeout and half a 20rd mag through a Battlecomp.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:47:30 PM EDT
I don't think I was clear in my original question.

AAC makes a brake and also a flash hider. They also offer a combination of brake/FH in one unit (but pricey). I was wondering if this combo does a good job at each function or does the combination fail completely at either.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:18:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By par3:
I don't think I was clear in my original question.

AAC makes a brake and also a flash hider. They also offer a combination of brake/FH in one unit (but pricey). I was wondering if this combo does a good job at each function or does the combination fail completely at either.

The brake/flashhider you are asking about is the Brakeout. Like I said it does a great job at muzzle rise, but is pretty loud. I didnt shoot it in the dark, with NV on so I cannot comment on the flash hiding ability. But if you look at it I would almost sware to you that flash wont be eliminated.
Top Top