Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/1/2011 9:31:18 AM EDT
does it do a good job of both compensating and flash suppression or does it fail at doing either job.

Its sort of pricey (BC territory) so I'm thinking maybe I should just get a dedicated brake since I don't do much low light shooting.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I may get beat up for this, but the only thing the BC has over the Brakeout is noise. The Brakeout is loud, but does a better job with muzzle rise from my observations. As far as judging its flash hiding ability theres pics and videos around the internet if you do a Google search.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:36:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I may get beat up for this, but the only thing the BC has over the Brakeout is noise. The Brakeout is loud, but does a better job with muzzle rise from my observations. As far as judging its flash hiding ability theres pics and videos around the internet if you do a Google search.

Have you used both? I ask because there is a massive difference in side blast to me, and everyone else I know who has used them. That is a pretty big deal for a lot of people.

The Brakeout is just this side of deafening. Its not one of the ones Ive noticed that "pressure wave" coming back to the sides (For lack of a better way to describe it.)

If it matters, we shoot from an open range and I have maybe one full mag through the Brakeout and half a 20rd mag through a Battlecomp.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think I was clear in my original question.

AAC makes a brake and also a flash hider.  They also offer a combination of brake/FH in one unit (but pricey).   I was wondering if this combo does a good job at each function or does the combination fail completely at either.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I don't think I was clear in my original question.

AAC makes a brake and also a flash hider. They also offer a combination of brake/FH in one unit (but pricey). I was wondering if this combo does a good job at each function or does the combination fail completely at either.

The brake/flashhider you are asking about is the Brakeout. Like I said it does a great job at muzzle rise, but is pretty loud. I didnt shoot it in the dark, with NV on so I cannot comment on the flash hiding ability. But if you look at it I would almost sware to you that flash wont be eliminated.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top