Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2003 6:57:56 AM EDT
Sorry to have to ask this but I have been out of the loop for a while. I have looked around but can't find a simple answer to the differences between an A4 and A3 upper recievers only. Differences? pros? cons? etc...

I am replacing my A2 and would like to know. Thanks.

Bill
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:30:42 AM EDT
[#1]
[url=http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/whatisana1a2a3ora4.msnw][b]What is an A1, A2, A3, A4?[/b][/url]
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 6:09:03 AM EDT
[#2]
As Maryland states,

M16A1- old still sights, fixed carrying handle, no brass deflecture,

M16A2- new adjustable sights gradulated to 800m, fixed carrying handle, brass deflecture.

M16A3- same as M16A2 (has full auto capable instead of burst)

M16A4- adjustable sights to 600m, detachable carrying handle, and brass deflecture
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 6:27:02 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the help...I thought maybe one had the feed ramps I've been hearing about while the other did not.

Bill
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#4]
The feed ramps are part of the M4, not the M16.  But I've heard rumors of the feed ramps showing up on non-M4 barrels and uppers.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top