Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 12:27:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2004 5:43:58 AM EST by JHaines]
Hey folks,

I'm looking at mounting an ARMS #40 flip-up BUIS on a flat top DPMS Dissipator upper receiver.
I'm also planning on picking up an IOR M2 with "high" IOR Quick Detach Rings.
Here's a picture of the IOR on a dissipator direct from the IOR website:

My question is, will the ARMS #40 fit in the two grooves behind the back scope ring ?

From what I understand, the IOR Quick-Detach "High" rings will provide the 1.4" clearance
needed for the ARMS flip-up site to rest below the scope when it is flipped down, I'm just not
sure if I will have the horizontal room behind the back scope ring for the ARMS to fit.

My goal is to have the ARMS mounted for fast use if the scope is removed.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:10:54 AM EST
Hey folks,

I know one of you has to have an ARMS BUIS. Mind taking a look at it and tell me
how much space (how many grooves) it takes up on the upper receiver rail ?

I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:34:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By JHaines:
Hey folks,

I know one of you has to have an ARMS BUIS. Mind taking a look at it and tell me
how much space (how many grooves) it takes up on the upper receiver rail ?

1 - the last one. Though it comes close to the second groove (T2) - some mounts may be able to use it, others might not (my LaRue Compact ACOG mount can't neither can my Trijicon Reflex Mount).

Based on the photo above you'll be able to use an ARMS#40 no problem. (but instead of the IOR rings - I'd use the LaRue scope mount with dual throw levers).
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:37:09 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:37:39 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2004 5:38:31 AM EST by HighStrung1]
It's hard to tell without completely removing my ARMS #40 from the upper, but I think it takes up one or two grooves at most. Lumpy should be along shortly to provide a more precise answer.

HS1

ETA: spelling
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:41:18 AM EST

Originally Posted By HighStrung1:
It's hard to tell without completely removing my ARMS #40 from the upper,

See that's what you get for not using a T numbered upper
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:45:28 AM EST
I don't have an ARMS BUIS but I do have a Troy BUIS and I can tell you it will fit in the last two grooves. In fact it is made to only fit on the "last" groove.

Hope this helps,
MadDog

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:46:39 AM EST
Thanks folks!

I've dealt with several people through the Equipment Exchange, but in looking at their various websites, I have not come accross any LaRue products. I would like to browse through what they offer - anyone recommend an AR15.com dealer's website that shows products, and might have that LaRue scope mount mentioned above ?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:55:11 AM EST

anyone recommend an AR15.com dealer's website that shows products, and might have that LaRue scope mount mentioned above ?

You can visit LaRue's website to see a drawing of the unit.

There have been photos posted in the Optics forum (you'll have to search to see if you can find them).

As for dealers as far as I know the only 2 US dealers are Grant of G&R Tactical and Wes of MSTN.biz - both of which are in the Industry section, and maintain a presence in the techincal discussion areas (like the Rifles&Uppers, Lights&Laser, and Optics forums).
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:45:04 AM EST

Originally Posted By Forest:

Originally Posted By HighStrung1:
It's hard to tell without completely removing my ARMS #40 from the upper,

See that's what you get for not using a T numbered upper

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:09:55 AM EST
The 40's I have only use 1 notch. I like the 40L as it's not only sort, but very low.
Jack
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:40:33 PM EST
Will the 40L still work with the standard front sight (as pictured on the dissipator I linked above) ?

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:48:33 PM EST

Will the 40L still work with the standard front sight (as pictured on the dissipator I linked above) ?

Yes - it's just a slimmer version of the #40 to fit under larger scopes. Also it only has 1 aperture.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:56:07 PM EST
The 40L has dual apertures, just like the standard A2, but these these neatly fold together to alow it to be low for certain optics to clear.
Jack
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:02:01 PM EST

Originally Posted By 3rdtk:
but these these neatly fold together to alow it to be low for certain optics to clear.
Jack

Ahh I didn't know that - very cool.

So they are, in effect, same plane apertures?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:07:07 PM EST
I believe you can get a same plain if you ask for it. The one I have has standard A2 ht's., since I don't want to loose the ability to shoot out to greater distances by just fliping from the large ht. aperture to the small one. Nice set-up.
Jack
Top Top