Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2002 8:08:09 AM EDT
I have a new DPMS M4 upper on one of my AR's and yesterday I took it to the range to sight in. I had to adjust the windage all the way to the left to get the rifle to shoot even close to the center of the bulls-eye. I've read a few posts about re-indexing the barrel but a friend told me he thought he had read something about a way to shim the flat top carry handle to adjust the setting, rather than sending the upper in to the shop. Anyone familiar with this or have any ideas ?

Thanks-Westy
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, there's always the quick way to do something, and the right way. I dont know about shimming something under the carry handle to cant it. I dont think it would clamp down to the upper. Best thing to do is send it back. The title says Armalite, but your post says DPMS. Either is a good company and I'm sure they'll take care of it in no time... if not, see if Bushmaster will do it, they have lots of practice !!! Just a joke, I love Bushmasters!
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#2]
It's an Armalite carry handle on a DPMS upper.

Link Posted: 9/14/2002 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#3]
were you shooting another rear sight with this upper prior to the Armalite carry handle? If so, was the other rear sight working ok? It just sounds like the barrel is overtourqued. If you have access to another flip up rear sight, or carry handle, I'd give that a try just to double check. If not, contact DPMS and tell them about the problem. I'm pretty confident that they'll make everything right. Keep us informed!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top