Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2006 5:07:43 AM EDT
Have any one of you guys tried this set-up? because I have an A2 upper w/ stainless bush barrel that i want to mount an Aimpoint. But since the rear sights are fixed, won't it be distracting that it gets in the way every time you aim through the optics?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 5:11:54 AM EDT
No, it's not distracting. This is the set-up I use on two rifles. Works fine.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 5:20:03 AM EDT
I am in the Army, formerly Marine Infantry. If you have to use it fine. But I hate it. Somewhat obscures the Field-of-view.

If you only have the possibility of carrying an M16A2. Just go with irons. If possible weapon change. M4 with removable carry handle. Use riser, or spacer with QD mount and you are good-to-go.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 10:51:43 AM EDT
Had that setup on a personal rifle, have it now on an issue rifle. No issues. Don't look through the irons You can use the optic by looking over the irons.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 1:44:23 PM EDT
I have the setup you describe. I don't like it; the configuration or the optic. It's going to move over to my USC and see if I like the M2 there. If not, I'll sell it for another EOTech probably.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 2:43:19 PM EDT
I've got the same set up on my shorty Bushmaster A2. It works fine for me.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:01:29 AM EDT
height=8
Originally Posted By EMSflyer:
I've got the same set up on my shorty Bushmaster A2. It works fine for me.

Same here.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:54:54 PM EDT
I recently picked up one of the aimpoint cantilever mounts with the single slot at the end. What are my choices for a ring to mount the scope to this and have a 1/3 bottom co-witness?
Top Top