Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 11:59:18 PM EDT
Regarding the A2 rear sight assembly,  how difficult is it to disassemble and reassemble? I've been told that you don't want to, unless you have to. Well, I may have to. I bought a used carry handle that I would rather re-do completely, instead of just touching it up. It needs a lot of touch up. Should I take it down or just mask around it?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:16:20 AM EDT
[#1]

It's not that difficult to remove and reassemble an A2 sight.  I'd do the job right and remove it rather than just mask it off... The -23 covers the A2 sight removal/install...

Right click and select 'save as' if you need to download it...

www.ar15.com/content/manuals/TM9-1005-319-23.pdf

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:52:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Hardest thing, IMO, is keeping track of/not losing the ball bearing detents and springs and installing the elevation spring roll pin.  A tool like this, available from ADCO firearms, makes the elevation spring roll pin installation a breeze:

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top