Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/22/2003 1:10:40 PM EDT
I posted this in the optics form but got little response:
   I want to get a good tight fitting A2 carry handle scope mount but don't want to spend more than I need to.  The ARMS one is around $50 yet many other companies like RRA offer what looks to be the same thing for half the price or less.  What do you recommend?  What do you have?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#1]
If you buy a $12 scope mount you will have a $12 scope mount.  Quality does cost money.  I just purchased an ARMS #39A2 Plus for my Bushmaster.  With it I have the option of mounting optics on the top of the carry handle or low in front to cowitness the iron sights.

Spend a little money and get something that will last as long as the weapon and work well.

Sarge
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Being partial to the A2, I've tried different carry handle mounts.  Most wouldn't hold a repeatable zero so taking them off was always a bad idea, you spent more time rezeroing than enjoying... I caught a Leupold in the face when the locknug came loose one afternoon long ago on a Kwik-Site...

The ARMS #2 is a few bucks, but it's the only mount that works as advertised...
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I know a flat top is much better and I am sure that I will get one some time but I dont think it will be too soon. So Does the ARMS #2 mount work?  I dont want to buy a $60 mount and then find out that it does not stay on and hold zero.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:21:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks.  
Oh buy the way I did not go chrome.  I could not afford it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:15:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I use the ARMS #2 and it works great.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:26:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the ARMS #2 and haven't had any problems with it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I like the Smith Enterprises mount.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top