Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2003 12:23:16 AM EDT
If you guys were to use a m4 for entry teams What would be your choice? flat top or handle? The A2 would still have the sites in case of scope failure right?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:25:52 AM EDT
[#1]
A3.  My agency's Colt Commandos have Eotechs with GG&G back up irons.  I have the ARMS 40 on my AR carbine to back up the Aimpoint.  If you are going with some sort of dot sight or a magnified optic, why not have the rear sight out of the way unless you need it?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:51:51 AM EDT
[#2]
but doesn't that front sight shadow get annoying?  who makes a mount that will clear the front sight?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:55:52 AM EDT
[#3]
1. No, I dont even notice it

2. ARMS
  Knight's
  Aimpoint
  PRI
  GG&G

All make mounts that allow you to co-witness the irons through Aimpoint/Eotech.  With an ACOG the front sight wont bother the sight picture either.

Not to mention the trouble that comes with achieving a proper zero with the optics on the carry handle.  Go co-witness, or go irons.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top