Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 8:22:53 PM EDT
Hello everybody.............I am looking to do my own A2 build.  I have my eyes on the Bushmaster A2 govt profile 20" upper.  I know there is a huge wait on these, but I am patient.  I have read several times about the tight fit between an RRA lower and Bushmaster upper, so I would like to avoid this combination.  This would also rule out the Stag lowers.  By all means, if this situation is grossly exaggerated, please chime in, because I am just going off what I have read here.  I was wondering what other brand lower you all would suggest I use for the build.  I know I could go with a Bushmaster, but I was hoping to spend less than that.  Please chime in with your experiences. Thanks.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:44:57 PM EDT
I am personally putting together a 20'' A2 build.  I'm using a kit from J&T distributing, I suggest you do the same.  From what I hear, they're reliable and the price is good too.  Also, as far as a Stag lower... I went with a Bushy for my first build that I could have bought two Stag lowers with.  After receiving my Stag lower a few days ago, I can see no difference in the two, except what animal is on the side.  Personally that's not worth a six month long wait and paying way too much.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:19:16 AM EDT
I went with a RRA lower and a RRA 20 inch SS A2 upper.  Know RRA offers no 20inch crome lined barrels at this time, thats why I went with SS. The JT kit is also a very good kit to go with. When I built my two I went to EE board and found just about ervthing I needed.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:14:26 AM EDT
Does J&T offer a kit that includes a govt profile upper?  I do want the govt profile bbl, chrome lining, 5.56 chamber.  I believe Bushmaster is my only option, unless I am missing something.  

Another question....what are the differences between a Bushmaster govt profile A2 upper, and an M16A2 upper?  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:49:43 AM EDT
M&A has that kit.  I just ordered one.  However I am a bad person for doing so and all of the kit manufacturers sell chinese made bullshit.  Shame on you, you should know better!
Really though, I guess you can wait and see what mine looks like.  I'll be able to tell you basically how it compares to a colt/FN M16A2 when it gets here.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:04:40 PM EDT
Cool, let me know.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:31:46 PM EDT
Mykow, let us know.  I almost ordered that kit and if you have good luck I may do so for my next build.  The price is right.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:26:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By candt:
Does J&T offer a kit that includes a govt profile upper?  I do want the govt profile bbl, chrome lining, 5.56 chamber.  I believe Bushmaster is my only option, unless I am missing something.  

Another question....what are the differences between a Bushmaster govt profile A2 upper, and an M16A2 upper?  

I'm not sure what you mean by "govt profile upper" but I just completed a J&T 20"A2 kit and it looks for all the world like the A2 Uncle Sam gave me in Corps. If you click on the A2 kit link on J&T's website you'll see that they use govt contract FN® uppers and the other specs are equally impressive. 5.56 chambers are standard and chrome barrel is an option (even if you don't see it they offer it, just call'em). I just ordered another A2 kit from them for my brother.

Try this link J&T A2 Kit
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:53:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2005 6:14:47 PM EDT by mykow]
Will do, it should get here this Friday.  Government profile means it's light under the handguards in that special pattern, and the M203 can mount on the skinniest part.
http://www.mykow.com/img/AR15%20sans%20lower/ar15nolower.jpg
It looks great.  The handguards are kind of cheezy but otherwise it's a perfectly put-together kit.  I haven't shot it yet (no lower) but the only differences I can tell from it and a mil-spec rifle are markings.  Oh and their website lists the wrong price, mine was 465.  Still the best deal on a gub'mint profile chrome-lined 1/7 A2 I've seen.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:41:10 PM EDT
Hi all. New member here planning my first build. That  j&t  kit  looks like a good way to go. I am planning on a rra lower. is there any reason these two wouldn't be caompatible? Thanks.
-Scott
Top Top