Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 10:46:30 AM EDT
Okay I could not find anything in the archive/search so here goes. I am trying to remove the stock on my RRA CAR-14 with solid A2 stock, I am unable to get the top flat head screw in the buttstock out. Is there a trick or a special tool? I tried my largest flathead screw driver but I cannot get it to budge - and it started to munge up the screw so I stopped. Any hints or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Heat up the screw. The screws when new have a type of thread locker applied, so removing them at a later date can sometimes be a PITA.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I had the same problem on one of mine. I bought an armorers wrench that has a screwdriber built in that fits prefectly.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
put the lower in a vice, use push and turn with a big screwdriver.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
put the lower in a vice, use push and turn with a big screwdriver.

+1
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top