Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 10:13:34 AM EDT
When I bought my upper parts kit, the rear sight was packaged as component parts.  I have a pretty good idea of how it goes together, but I'm not so clear on things such as how you assembly the elevation knob (does it go any ol' way, or is there a specific way to put the pieces together).  I'm also not sure how I'd go about getting the sight installed onto the receiver.  It looks as if the pin that holds it on also holds the large elevation spring up (otherwise, it would drop into the receiver).  How do you get it together?

Chris
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I used this to assemble my A2 rear sight.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:52:01 AM EDT
[#2]
That's more information than I've found elsewhere, but I'm still unclear on the assembly of the elevation knob and how to attach the sight to the upper receiver.  Something's just not clicking...

Thanks for the help though.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I would have sworn that I have seen a thread about this.  I also need to know.

Does anyone have a link that might help?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#4]
This tool makes installation very easy.  Other than that, you would need to find something to push the spring up while tapping in the roll pin.  This can end up being a three handed effort and since you only have two hands.....................

Pic courtesy of ADCO Firearms - www.adcofirearms.com.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I couldn't find any threads using the search engine.  I did talk to a guy at the gunshow today and he explained it to me.  Once he showed me the process in his armorer's manual, it made total sense.

Thanks for the link to the tool.

Chris
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top