Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2003 7:21:38 AM EDT
Can it be done? Or do I have to swap out reciever extensions? I assume I need a shorter top buttplate screw?
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#1]
If by "receiver extension" you mean the buffer tube, no you do not need a different one. You will need to remove the plastic spacer once you take off the A2 butt stock. You will need a shorter top screw and a longer bottom sling swivel screw if you are going with a GI A1 buttstock.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:35:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, buffer tube is what I meant.

Thanks,
Brian
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:48:45 AM EDT
[#3]
25cwt is correct, there is no buffer tube.

The [i]lower receiver extension[/i] is the same length for all rifles.  The M16A2 uses the plastic spacer and longer screw.

Fitting an XM16E1 or M16A1 stock only requires removing the upper screw, pulling the stock off, and sliding the shorter stock on.  A shorter screw must be used or it'll impale itself into the buffer.

-- Chuck  
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#4]
P;astic spacer??? Gee, my three are all aluminum.  Guess I got the early model[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top