Anyone know of a site where I can get instructions to disassemble and reassemble an A1 rear sight? I'm taking mine off to clean and paint my upper, and I just realized there are some pins (little ittybitty ones) and I figured I better look at a picture before I buggered anything up (at least any more than I have)
Oh, and does anyone know where to get a punch about the thickness of a human hair?
What your looking for is a 1/16 pin punch. Your local hardware store or even SEARS should carry them.
Try here for manuals to download.
A1 Rear Sight Disassembly
1. Remove the windage drum roll pin with a 1/16" punch.
2. Remove the windage drum, spring, and detent.
3. Unthread the windage screw.
4. Remove the sight and leaf spring.
A1 Rear Sight Assembly
1. Replace leaf spring and rear sight.
2. Thread in windage screw.
3. Install spring and detent.
4. Install windage drum and roll pin.