Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2017 9:51:16 PM EDT
When i put my A1 rear sight on my C7 reciever, i noticed that there is nearly a 1/16" wiggle on the sight axle screw. I can place mu thumb on the windage drum and my index finger on the slotted screw head on the other side and move the whole assembly side to side. Its almost as if the C7 carry handle is just a tad thin.
I wondered if this is normal or what is the common fix?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen some gaps that big before, but the sight was still tight and usable. The only fix I could think of is a thin washer behind the screw head, that would suck the drum closer to the receiver. But if it's not flopping around, I wouldn't worry about it. Is it a usgi sight set?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Normal. The detent spring keeps it indexed to one side.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:15:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I shim mine so it doesn't move.
Redneck engineering at its finest
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes its g.i. i think i willput a shim behind it. The sight was $15 from slim at indiana surplus.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top