Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/18/2009 5:31:49 AM EST
I am putting together an A1 retro rifle and need a good source for a 20" barrel. Sarco has their $149.00 special available but I am hesitant to purchase. Any other sources for reasonably priced new?

TIA,
Mike
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:50:12 AM EST
Nope, not new ones.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:04:22 AM EST
Some of the sellers mentioned here & there, like Gunny's Surplus as an example, have barreled uppers for sale which have barrels which appear to be new...arsenal rebarrels perhaps...and many of the barrelled uppers being sold also appear to be from National Guard/Reserve units that never issued or fired their rifles...

I speak from experience...but that experience is 1 - 2 years old...

I find it somewhat amusing that there are those looking for A1 barrels...and there is at least one person looking for an A1 upper...but the A1 barreled uppers on GB & EE are going unsold...

It's a strange world we live in...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:19:28 AM EST
When I was looking for just a barrel for my 604, I didn't have enough to buy a full upper.
I only had a couple hundred dollars.
I paid more for my barrel that way, but I didn't have to wait until I could scroung up more money to buy an extra upper.
Plus extra uppers become new projects.
Eventually I'm going to need several 604 uppers for my future projects anyways.
It is a disease.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:01:00 AM EST
Just a heads up on the Sarco barrels, I haven't ever managed to get an ID on the manufacturer of the barrels, and they are not chrome lined.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:35:53 AM EST
Originally Posted By Der_Hans:
Just a heads up on the Sarco barrels, I haven't ever managed to get an ID on the manufacturer of the barrels, and they are not chrome lined.

I've got one and it really is an excellent shooter, but to my knowledge, Sarco has been out for quite a while. They've got a bad habit of advertising they have something then backordering. I'd sure call and ask if they're in stock prior to ordering. Even then, you run a chance.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:54:09 AM EST
I got an e-mail from Earl Sellers at Sarco the other day. They are backordered. We could always use another source for these but the going price for complete 604's is very attractive also.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:04:03 AM EST
The last I heard, perhaps 2 months ago, was the same story - Backorder.

I have the feeling that these are absolute lowest priority from whatever company it is thats making them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:14:20 PM EST
I got all mine from Rich at Reliant-one. Nice guy-he's on the other gun site, Auction Arms. Complete uppers, A1, right out of 1970. Got chrome BCA's too-gotta get me another one!
Top Top