Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/21/2006 6:34:56 AM EDT
Hey All,

My searchfu isn't so good this morning. I was wondering if there is a supplier/manufacturer that makes and sells the older "Retro" style stripped lower receivers? I'm working on a Retro build and don't really want to use an A2 style lower (I will if I must). I was just curious as to my options. Take care and thanks in advance.

Regards,
PatG.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:14:42 AM EDT
No, and while several places talk about making them, each time the subject comes up, the ARF crowd bickers about all the different ways they would like them made. I think eventually, manufacturers decide that there is no profit margin in making a small group of receivers in different ways to make a few people happy.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:03:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stickman:
No, and while several places talk about making them, each time the subject comes up, the ARF crowd bickers about all the different ways they would like them made. I think eventually, manufacturers decide that there is no profit margin in making a small group of receivers in different ways to make a few people happy.

+1
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:53:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2006 6:55:52 PM EDT by shamayim]
Yup; the stickman's right. You want early pattern? Either you try to find an early aftermarket piece, or you do what I did.

Build your own out of a current type.

But I warn you up front---it's a bitch of a job. And I was crazy enough to do it twice. One A1 type and one early M16 type.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:15:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shamayim:
Yup; the stickman's right. You want early pattern? Either you try to find an early aftermarket piece, or you do what I did.

But I warn you up front---it's a bitch of a job. And I was crazy enough to do it twice. One A1 type and one early M16 type.

And you still ain't posted no damn pics yet.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:48:12 PM EDT

My friend, that is either loads of alcohol, mad skills, or both. However you did it, I give you boat loads of credit!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:32:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dog1:

And you still ain't posted no damn pics yet.

And it's still because I have no access to a digital camera, and if I can borrow or rent one, I still won't know how to post pics on the internet. Hopefully, one of you pic experts can walk me thru it.

I figure that there are at least a few out there who think I'm BSing about the converted lowers, b/c of no pics. But honest---the pieces exist. I just don't know how to go about getting pics up. Probably b/c I wasted my youth fooling w/guns instead of cameras. Ya think?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:39:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/22/2006 6:40:30 AM EDT by shamayim]

Originally Posted By Stickman:

My friend, that is either loads of alcohol, mad skills, or both. However you did it, I give you boat loads of credit!!

Don't use alcohol (cigarettes are bad enough), but as I age I have more patience than I used to. And that's what it takes if you're going to hand reshape a current lower to A1 or "A zero" configuration. Each of mine took weeks of doing a little at a time. But I love to look at 'em now that they're done. ---And shootin' them ain't bad either
Top Top