Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2012 2:01:00 PM EDT
Does anyone have the drawings for the A1 lower forging? I'm trying to secure a build of retro full fence A1 lowers and cannot seem to track any down. Nodak has been a giant help by not selling 80% or even 0% lowers so I'm doing it on my own, but need a little help here. Anyone ever seen one? I also currently run AutoCAD 2012 so if anyone has anything close or a work in progress in CAD that also help alot.

James
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 2:07:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone have the drawings for the A1 lower forging? I'm trying to secure a build of retro full fence A1 lowers and cannot seem to track any down. Nodak has been a giant help by not selling 80% or even 0% lowers so I'm doing it on my own, but need a little help here. Anyone ever seen one? I also currently run AutoCAD 2012 so if anyone has anything close or a work in progress in CAD that also help alot.

James

Not sure on the blueprints, but Novak was recently selling 0% a1 forgings that were slightly blemmed. I recall them being a good price. I'm sure if you shot them an email, they may have more. Good luck
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 2:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone had one on CNCguns.com a while back. but by the time i saw it the file was no longer available. heres a link for a A2 lower  http://www.cncguns.com/projects/ar15lower.html
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure exactly what type of info you are looking for...

Roll mark info & placement, or physical / dimensional specs for an M16 lower receiver?

Dimensional specs (blueprint images) can be found through a little work searching the Internet. (sharing them here is kind of a no-no so please don't ask)

As far as roll mark info & placement goes, I'm sure there are a number of members here that  can chime-in depending of which manufacturer's info it is that you may be looking for...

Hope this helps...
FlDiveCop71
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Roll mark info & placement, or physical / dimensional specs for an M16 lower receiver?

Dimensional specs (blueprint images) can be found through a little work searching the Internet. (sharing them here is kind of a no-no so please don't ask)

As far as roll mark info & placement goes, I'm sure there are a number of members here that  can chime-in depending of which manufacturer's info it is that you may be looking for...

Hope this helps...
FlDiveCop71

Roll mark placement would be a plus, ive got those for the charter arms lower but a colt one would be awesome!!

What im really after though is the dimensioning drawing for the A1 lower, a plus to that would be the forging halves dimensions. I plan on manufacturing some 80% A1 lowers for the retro scene that obviously don't already have roll marks on them, for the ultimate clone if you will and need these prints to begin.

James
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hope this helps...
FlDiveCop71[/

Whoops double post

James
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top