Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2003 6:40:05 PM EST
Anyone know if they ever made A1 handguards in Carbine length, the size for a Bushmaster Shorty 16" and where I could get them if they did make em?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:47:39 PM EST
I got a pair from CMMG. If you're anywhere near the Quad Cities, you could certainly take a look at mine...I haven't built a new carbine to put them on, yet. Sluggo
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:01:16 AM EST
I can't find any on CMMG's site, do they carry them and not put em on the page?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:51:10 AM EST
You mean like this? This is a standard A1 handguard cut down and using a new end cap ($10 plus S&H) from Ken Drasen at Hay River Trading. hrtco@chibardun.net (715)357-6054 Installation of the new cap requires front sight removal. It also means that you need to cut down a set of A1 handguards or get some from Ken. If you decide to cut your own, ask Ken about the quick handguard hacking tips. There's a couple of gotchas. [img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/TonyK/Commandosmall.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:17:36 PM EST
Ya that is what I meant, I was just wondering if there were any factory made ones. I don't think I want to go through the trouble of getting that. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:32:09 AM EST
Other than some experimental carbines shorty triangular handguards were not a common item. The XM177/E1/E2 submachineguns had the same round handguards we associate with carbines today. These make interesting variations, or course. The photo is sure a mix of parts! C77 Upper with teardrop forward assist, M16A1 lower with M16A2 pistol grip, some sort of pad on the butt, and those short triangular handguards over a short barrel. That's one of the benefits of this system, you can mix and match parts as you please without messing up the basic design and functionality. -- Chuck
Top Top