Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2006 12:29:54 PM EDT
I have a RRA 9mm upper with a 9mm buffer, Hahn bottom loading block and Colt 20rd mags.

At first I thought I was having trouble with the mags because I was getting alot of failures but after thinking about it a bit... duh... it seems more like an ejector or extractor problem.  The empty brass case is extracting fully from the chamber and a new round is loading properly but the empty case is not clearing the action or exiting via the port door.  Apparently its just bouncing around in there until it binds up with the bolt and screws everything up.  I'm getting 3-4 of these "failures to eject"? per mag.  Can anyone help me out with suggestions on how to get this thing running again.

Thanks all
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are also using a RRA bolt, do check the extractor pin. Make sure the pin did not walk out of the place to the point that it's no long holding the extractor in place. This will allow the extractor to slide forward during the extraction cycle letting go of the brass before it contacts the ejector thus causing a jam.

I had the same fail-to-eject problem until I got the extractor roll pin replaced.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless ejectors are damaged they will always work......DO NOT tweak ejectors on the Hahn blocks as they are designed to float thier way thru the carrier slot to compensate for variation and least amount of friction.

Orange Neck is correct about the extractor........seems to be a problem with shitty pins holding extractors in place......it is also possible your extractor is weak.......although less likely.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:56:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
DO NOT tweak ejectors on the Hahn blocks as they are designed to float thier way thru the carrier slot to compensate for variation and least amount of friction.

+1
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top