Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2014 12:30:19 PM EDT
Who makes a 9mm marked stripped lower, I'd really like a Colt, but they are pricey and hard to find. Who else has/makes them?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a good question.  I have one 9mm-marked lower that came as part of a factory RRA 9mm carbine.  The marking on the lower really doesn't have anything to do with how you use a lower, but if you really want one marked 9mm, check out CMMG, and Rock River.  Both offer 9mm-only, 9mm marked lowers and lower halves.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#2]
My DDLES lower is marked 9x19mm, but DDLES no longer exists.  The Quarter Circle 10 (which rose from the ashes of DDLES) Colt pattern lower is marked 9mm and 9x19.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:31:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you wanting a dedicated 9mm lower or just a regular AR lower that is marked for 9mm?  All of the dedicated 9mm lowers will be stamped as such somewhere on the lower.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:14:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one from Nodak Spud.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Regular lower marked 9mm, I'll be using Colt two piece blocks pinned in place.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Regular lower marked 9mm, I'll be using Colt two piece blocks pinned in place.
View Quote

I don't think such a product exists.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:08:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree that finding a standard (not 9mm dedicated) lower that's marked 9mm will be very difficult.  A "multi" marked lower should be pretty easy to find, but not necessarily one marked 9mm.  I wonder if NoDak Spud can do an A1 lower marked that way...  In any case, it's going to probably be a special order thing from anyone who can do it.

Since ANY AR lower will work with pinned-in Colt 2-piece mag blocks, it really doesn't matter what's marked on the lower, unless it really matters to you, and then I'd be really curious why it mattered so much.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:30:27 AM EDT
[#8]
It will be registered as a 9mm SBR, and as that I would like the rollmark to match the listed caliber so no person would be confused. Is there any company that could over weld the existing rollmarks and re-stamp with the correct markings?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It will be registered as a 9mm SBR, and as that I would like the rollmark to match the listed caliber so no person would be confused. Is there any company that could over weld the existing rollmarks and re-stamp with the correct markings?
View Quote

Once you get the SBR stamp, you can put ANY upper on it, of ANY size, and in ANY caliber you want.  The caliber and barrel length you put on the Form 1 are considered the "original configuration," but you can have as many different uppers to go with the SBR as you like.  That's the WONDERFUL part about SBRs: flexibility.

(Getting ready to send in the Form 1 for my second SBR, just waiting for the lunch money fund to get big enough to cover the stamp. )
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I have seen people that put a laundry list of calibers on a form one for automatic sear packs.  My  SBR is a CMMG dedicated 9 mm.  If I do another one it will be a mil spec lower that I can have a lot more flexibility. The only thing you may have to have engraved on the lower is the name of your trust if you are going that way.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#11]
The ATF will kick back an SBR Form 1 with more than one caliber on it.  The original configuration can only be one caliber, one barrel length, etc.  But as I just said, once you get the stamp, you can put ANYTHING on your SBR lower.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top