Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2010 1:37:17 PM EDT
I'm a little confused as to which 9mm mag with function in my 9mm AR.

My AR9mm is a dedicated 9mm lower and the only magazine that i have found to work with it is the promag plastic ones.  The bolt is not ramped and the hammer is a regular ar15 hammer.  

While the promag magazines work fine for now, I'd like to find a metal replacement.  

I can tell you for sure that the cproduct mags do not work.

Any help would be very appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Who made your lower ?

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Metalform mags if you have a Colt style 9mm.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:24:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got two of the Spike's Metalforms today. Haven't shot them yet, but the BHO  bolt-hold-open is rock solid.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:30:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, forgot to mention it's a rock river dedicated 9mm lower.  I couldn't tell you anything about the upper.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:35:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just got two of the Spike's Metalforms today. Haven't shot them yet, but the BHO  bolt-hold-open is rock solid.

What lower/block are you using?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:10:52 AM EDT
[#6]
OP said it was a dedicated 9mm. No block reqd.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What lower/block are you using?

It's a M&P lower with RRA everything else (upper, mag block, hammer, buffer).  Its first 100 rounds were flawless.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:26:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a RRA block and bolt.  The plastic Promags work fine for me - I just don't load them past 15 -20 rds.  The CProducts metal mags don't work worth a crap for me and are useless.  Metalforms are much joy and work 100%.  Look to CDNN for a good buy on the Metalforms
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top