Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/12/2006 5:24:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2006 6:50:11 AM EDT by DaNerd2]
Pros or cons on this 9mm mag block.
It installs from the top, looks like a COLT type.
Machine from aluminum with steel feed ramps and ejector.
Is it a QUALITY product? or prone to problems.?
Anyone have anything to comment on this item?
TIA
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:47:09 AM EDT
I have an ASA block that accepts colt/uzi mags. I have not had any feeding problems. The only thing I didn't like about this block was there is no actuator to hold the bolt open. I cut a piece from the rear of the block and added a 9mm bolt catch from Garrison Mfg to the receiver and now have the BHO feature.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:06:10 PM EDT
ASA is no longer in business. So if it works, great. If not, then then you SOL. That being said, I don't think ASA made anything, so it is a very good chance that it is a Hann mag block.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:45:01 PM EDT
It is NOT a Hahn made product.......Hahn Precision never made anything for ASA.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:05:20 AM EDT
I have the ASA Block, and use the 'standard' modified UZI magazines.

Has anyone adapted their ASA block to take the 2nd generation(?) UZi magazines, the ones with the flush back and no ridge?

There appears to be a greater availability of these '2nd generation' magazines than the 'ridge back' 1st generation ones.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:37:42 AM EDT
I have been using a ASA block for several years. Works great
con= no last round hold open
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:19:13 PM EDT
I have a ASA block and I opening it up with files and a stones so it to accept all uzi mags. The block came with a 25 rd magazine which was not spec (smaller then the other IMI Uzi mags. I like that it is a top fit adapter, no worries about it falling out, but it is tight in some receivers, I have had some feeding problems. failure to go into the chamber but they may be magazine related. The rounds come out of the magazine and stick straight up into the receiver and don't go into the chamber. I'll have to figure a way to fix this. I have a bunch of 40 rd South america uzi mags that I converted to used and may need to fine tune them up befor they are 100% reliable. I have also heard ASA is tits up no big deal there are lots of other Ar co to fill their shoes. 762
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:17:22 PM EDT
Shawr1,

When you added the garrison bolt catch, does the bolt stay open on all mags or just colts?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:16:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Quake_Guy:
Shawr1,

When you added the garrison bolt catch, does the bolt stay open on all mags or just colts?

Colt and ProMags
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:09:24 AM EDT
Gatman762,

Are you able to switch between the two types, without problems, after you modified the block?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:54:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By VinnieBoomBah:
ASA is no longer in business.

any reason their banner keeps popping up on this site?

did they just go out of business in the last week or so, or did staff just forget to remove their ad?

either way it gave me a chuckle.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:43:59 PM EDT
They closed the doors on their Scottsdale Airpark location sometime in December to move to their new location in Tempe Az., and never opened at the new location. Rumors abound, but little in the way of actual facts.
Top Top