Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/14/2006 3:39:36 PM EDT
wanna know if it's safe to use both an m-16 bolt carrier and a 9mm buffer in an ar-15 for rapidfiring to reduce recoil?

at the last shoot I was at there was an LMT m4gery with two-stage trigger.

I was able to get the rifle to keep up with the cyclic rate of an UZI. I'm wondering if I can use this combination of 9mm buffer and m-16 carrier safely for rapidfire out of an ar-15 without risk of the timing being off and the gun blowing up in my face or whatnot.

any intelligent input is appreciated.

I plan on building an LMT mid-length rifle using a sabre defense barrel later on this year. It's going to get a good workout with doubletaps tripletaps and all out magazine burns.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:45:52 PM EDT
I use an M16 bolt carrier and an MGI rate/recoil reducing buffer (same weight as the 9mm buffer) in my rifle with no problems.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:00:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4Madness:
I use an M16 bolt carrier and an MGI rate/recoil reducing buffer (same weight as the 9mm buffer) in my rifle with no problems.

+1

i use the mgi buffer in all of my ar's and some have m16 carriers and others have enhanced carriers
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:10:16 AM EDT
I have CMT F/A Bolt Carrier Groups & Colt 9mm Buffers w/Wolff Springs in 2 of my AR's.
1x Carbine
1x Mid-length
No problems whatsoever. Thousand's of rounds between the 2. Smooth action, no recoil,
Hope this helps
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:27:05 AM EDT
I run an lmt m16 carrier with a rock river arms 9mm buffer.

Once I put on a vltor receiver extension and lightly polished all sliding surfaces, the rifle became smooth as silk to shoot. Have not had any problems.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:08:18 AM EDT
very cool. Then I'll assume it's safe as you all are able to still correspond on the board and haven't had your guns blow up....
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:55:58 PM EDT
I run 9mm buffers in all 3 my carbines with enhanced carriers..no problem and full size rifle recoil and mootheness out of the carbine.
Top Top