Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/16/2017 2:00:04 PM EDT
Ok, I am looking at finally getting the barrels for both my upper builds now.  They will go on a glock mag lower and I am looking for something in the 7.5" size space.

Looking around at barrels, there seems to be less differences between pistol barrels and 5.56 barrels.  From what I can see almost all are made of the same material, all are button rifled, use the same twist rates, same crown angle, etc.  

Is there any barrel that is better than others?

Any to stay away from?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ok, I am looking at finally getting the barrels for both my upper builds now.  They will go on a glock mag lower and I am looking for something in the 7.5" size space.

Looking around at barrels, there seems to be less differences between pistol barrels and 5.56 barrels.  From what I can see almost all are made of the same material, all are button rifled, use the same twist rates, same crown angle, etc.  

Is there any barrel that is better than others?

Any to stay away from?
View Quote

Are you planning blowback or DI for your builds?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Blowback, already have the buffer and stock (9mm pdw style)

Never seen di 9mm stuff actually
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Blowback, already have the buffer and stock (9mm pdw style)

Never seen di 9mm stuff actually
View Quote
DI 9mm is around, I had Ron Williams with RMW XTREME build me a 10.5" DI 9mm a couple months ago and had a chance to run some handloads thru it last Friday and it shot great. Would have loved to get some groups but it was very windy so just shot steel @ 50yds. It was a blast. One thing with DI 9mm it is a handload only deal, I ran some factory 9mm 124gr blazer thru it and had to clean it to keep shooting. I also have a RMW XTREME DI 40 S&W that runs like a sewing machine and is very accurate.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#4]
The feed ramps are the most important difference, that's also the biggest variable among different 9mm barrels that I have seen.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top