Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/23/2003 9:04:25 AM EDT
What is the "stock spacer" for 9mm upper kits an how does it work? Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The Colt style 9mm system was designed around a CAR-length buffer and buffer tube.  If you're gonna run it with a full length buffer tube, you put the stock spacer in the back end of the tube, then a CAR action spring, and then the CAR length 9mm buffer.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:51:40 AM EDT
[#2]
How essential is it to use a 9mm buffer and spring?  I was under the impression that most people run with the stock CAR or fixed stock buffer and spring and it still works.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:44:58 AM EDT
[#3]
What I am planning is to mate a RRA 9mm upper with my existing 5.56 A2 fixed stock lower. Will the 9mm upper cause problems using the standard fixed stock buffer and spring?
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What I am planning is to mate a RRA 9mm upper with my existing 5.56 A2 fixed stock lower. Will the 9mm upper cause problems using the standard fixed stock buffer and spring?
View Quote

Mine is on a std full size tube-spring-buffer. No problem.

No need for a spacer, CAR spring and 9mm buffer in a full size assembly, as the springs are the same rating, and the full size buffer is 5.1 oz anyway.

Use the CAR stuff in a CAR stock/tube.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top