BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 7:59:03 PM EDT
Hi,

Now that the ban sunsetted,her
Secondly, the bolt hold open will not lock the bolt open (with or without a magazine in the gun) I am not talking about the last round fired hold open, but just locking the bolt open to show gun is clear.  Any ideas on that one. have
Any help for these questions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Matt
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#1]
OK Sorry for the dumb question but...... If i understand correctly you have a RRA 6 position stock? or a postban RRA stock?..... You are running a Carbine buffer and not a full A2 buffer?....
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:00:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the VM Hytech in my ASA rifle.  It fits tight the way you described but thats ok.  Just do all the 9mm stuff that everyone talks about.  IE 9mm hammer, 9mm special buffer, correct recoil spring.  I think you'll be fine then.

In my opinion with these conversions its all about the mag block and mag position inside the rifle.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Who makes the other fire control parts in your lower?

If not DPMS, then either get all DPMS parts, or get a 9mm hammer from RRA and try again. I'm of the persuasion that DPMS marches to a different set of drawings.

I could and may well be wrong, but I think the DPMS hammer is not engaging the disconnector properly and the hammer is just following the bolt forward.  If that's the case, however, I'm suprised it's no much more frequent.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:09:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Guess with the other replys I should make my questions more clear.
It sounds as if the bolt isnt going fully back hence not recocking hammer yet going far enough back to eject properly......The fact that it can not be manually put into bolt lock sounds as if theres an obsruction in the buffer tube,...Using a Standard RIFLE buffer,Rifle spring or both would do this so.....
1. With a Colapsable stock you should be running a Standard Carbine buffer spring and a 9mm buffer.
2.With the DPMS hammer you should be running a Ramped bolt,....

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:11:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry for the confusion....here is the info I left out.

Issue #1:  The lower is a VM-Hytech lower, VM-Hytech magazine adapter, DPMS lower parts kit, DPMS hammer, Rock River Arms 4-postion Collapsible stock with the spring and buffer that came with it from Brownells.

I guess my question is, is the spring that comes with the collapsible stock the carbine spring?  I thought it was.  Next would I still need the buffer, and the spacer, or is the spacer only needed for the fullsize rifle stock.

Thanks again.

Matt
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#6]
It should be the carbine spring unless someone goofed.

You may or may not need the 9mm buffer. I have a regular CAR buffer and it works fine.

The spacer is needed only for rifle length buffer tubes, so NO, you don't need it.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top