Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/25/2004 10:50:22 AM EST
Hope you guys can help me fix this little problem. I'm running a RRA 9mm upper on a Colt lower with an RRA mag block and converted UZI mags. I can run any FMJ I want from 115gr to 147gr as fast as I can pull the trigger. I have a case of Speer 124 grain hollow points that I want to use. If I load the IMI Uzi mags with a full 25 rounds, the round bounces up and wedges the tip against either the top of the receiver or the front of the ejection port opening, depending on which side of the mag the round was stripped from. If I only load 13 rounds, I can shoot them as fast as I want with no FTF. Obviously there is too much upward pressure from the magazine which is causing the rounds to try to load above the chamber. Any suggestions as to a fix. I would like to be able to use the mags to their full capacity with any type of ammo.

Thanks,

BuellRider
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:36:27 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:53:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/25/2004 1:54:30 PM EST by BuellRider]
That's where I was heading but I wanted to know if there was anything else to try before I cut into a piece of metal that may be very hard to replace. I didn't want to screw up the fact that it feeds FMJ's perfectly.

Thanks,

Buellrider

PS, you did a great job on the 4 mags I sent you to cut!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:41:31 AM EST
Remove a little material at a time on the feed ramp. Might need to bend your followers a little so the cartridges are at less of a angle. Modifications won't hurt your non hollow point ammo...
Top Top