Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/17/2009 10:24:32 AM EST
I have a problem with my 9mm setup and I looked and could not find the solution on the forum.

Setup:

RRA Upper
RRA lower
RRA Mag well
RRA Mags
RRA 9mm hammer
RRA 9mm bolt
Spikes buffer
Spikes spacer
RRA Buffer spring

First round feeds and fires smoothly and the gun then ejects the spent round and feeds the second round without a problem. But some how the trigger is not reset to fire. If I re-cock the gun it will fire just fine.

What can I try? I asked GHPorter for help before I posted here and his idea with to pull out the mag well and test fire the gun with .233 and make sure it was working.

Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:27:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2009 10:28:27 AM EST by Magoo6541]
Try a different buffer/spring maybe. If that doesn't work, make sure the ejector isn't dragging against the bolt.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:27:49 PM EST
First thing to do would be to confirm that your lower is assembled correctly and passing basic function check with the upper off and with the upper installed, and that your ejector is properly adjusted.

Then try a more powerful/less weak ammo, lighter buffer, reduced power hammer springs, etc... during break in.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:44:48 PM EST
I have the same rifle you are talking about, only I have a RRA buffer in mine and no spacer.
I just had it out today and ran a few hundred rounds though it. ZERO issues Nada, Zip, nothing but perfect functioning. Oh, and I was using the "inferior" plastic ProMags.
So, check your lower out real closely. The parts you are using should be working OK.

TRY SOME DIFFERENT AMMO! Try some quality factory ammo. Some lesser brands and some mild reloads may not function the gun properly. But, you appear to have all the right parts, if they are working properly, to have a really fine rifle.

Good luck getting her tuned in. My has been a real blast these last few months. Everyone who tries her falls in love with her.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:44:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By Kappa_713:
I have a problem with my 9mm setup and I looked and could not find the solution on the forum.

Setup:

RRA Upper
RRA lower
RRA Mag well
RRA Mags
RRA 9mm hammer
RRA 9mm bolt
Spikes buffer
Spikes spacer
RRA Buffer spring

First round feeds and fires smoothly and the gun then ejects the spent round and feeds the second round without a problem. But some how the trigger is not reset to fire. If I re-cock the gun it will fire just fine.

What can I try? I asked GHPorter for help before I posted here and his idea with to pull out the mag well and test fire the gun with .233 and make sure it was working.

Thanks for the help

Remove the spacer for now and give that a shot. That way the carrier can have that extra amount of travel to knock back the hammer. Since it's so new and you're using the heavy Spikes buffer and a shinny new buffer spring you're not going to break a bolt catch. I'd say remove the spacer and let 'er rip.

(check that ejector too, not scraping on the carrier)
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:41:41 AM EST
Thanks for all the help, going to the range later to give it another try.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:42:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2009 6:43:19 AM EST by Kappa_713]
**Update**

I took the mag well and the spacer out of the lower so that I could try a function test with a .223 upper. The exact problem is occurring, mag feeds, bullet fires, spent case ejected, new bullet in chamber and the trigger is not re-cocked. I am glad it seems to has nothing to do with my 9mm setup, just the lower itself. My guess is the hammer or trigger spring, any ideas?

Thanks for the help so far
Top Top